28/07/2012

Butterscotch Cupcakes

I don't know if this makes me a really bad baker, I'd like to think it makes me adventurous....Okay, I admit it, I'm lazy.

But the thing is: I don't like following recipes. 

In fact, I hardly ever measure anything. If the measurements are in grams and my plastic orange kitchen scale is nowhere to be found, I'm like "Challenge accepted", I'm just gonna add flour until the dough feels right, be grand. 



Today was a lucky day. My laissez-faire attitude towards recipes paid off. 

Throw a couple of ingredients together in a bowl, add a bit of this, add a bit of that, a dash of salt for good measure and boom - delicious butterscotch cupcakes with a butterscotch icing. A butterscotch explosion in your mouth. A butterscotch punch in the face. A butterscotch heaven on earth. 

Yes....they are that good. 



Butterscotch Cupcakes (makes 6 cupcakes)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
dash of salt
1/4 cup butterscotch sauce*

Bake for 15-17 minutes at 175C.

Butterscotch Buttercream Icing
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup icing sugar
2 tbsp cream
1/4 cup butterscotch sauce (or more if you like)*

*Butterscotch sauce is super easy to make. You basically throw butter, brown sugar and cream together in a  saucepan, let it boil, let it cool, and stuff it in your face on basically everything. Ice cream, cookies, cake, marshmallows, bananas, toasted bread, cereal....Too far?

This makes roughly a cup of butterscotch sauce.
3 tbsp butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
A pinch of salt
Some drops of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...