04/09/2012

Chia and Peach Parfait


The full title of this post should read "Chia Seed, Yoghurt and Honey Parfait with Homemade Granola and Thyme roasted Peach".
And you basically got the whole recipe there.

I have stumbled across so many chia seed posts lately, it seems to be the foodies' new favourite superfood. And actually, after reading up on the health benefits of chia seeds, I have to say I am pretty amazed.
If you are interested, this website tells you all about the magic powers of chia.
Of course, I jumped the bandwagon, and the other day when I got Quinoa and Polenta from the health store (a pretty impulsive act, I have never cooked with either of them before, so if you have any recipes... ;) ) I just had to get a little bag of chia seeds.

So far I have sprinkled chia on my morning porridge, I mixed it into granola and put it into smoothies. But hey, those precious little seeds should really deserve the main role in a dish too.

Aaaaand, we're off...



Chia and Peach Paifait (serves 1)
1/2 yoghurt (I used plain low-fat)
1-2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp honey (or more if desired)
Granola (I used the one I made HERE)
1 Peach
1 tsp olive oil
A few leaves of fresh thyme

Combine the yoghurt and chia seeds. Let them chill in the fridge at least 30minutes, ideally overnight. The seeds will develop a gel and turn the yoghurt into a pudding-like texture.
Cut the peach into half, remove the stone, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with thyme. Roast in the oven at 200C for 12-15minutes.

Stir the honey into the yoghurt. To assemble, layer a glass alternately with the chia yoghurt, the granola, and the peach slices.


If you like thyme and honey, brilliant.
If you think the combination of thyme and honey is weird,......well you're weird.
Okay you're not.....but you should still totally give this recipe a go.

The combination of the sweetness of the peach, highlighted by the honey, with the depth of flavour found in thyme, is just heavenly!
And then you have the smooth creaminess of the yoghurt paired with the crunchiness of the granola that just makes the whole dish.
Seriously, this parfait is pure bliss.
Also, it is super healthy and makes a great breakfast. I had some today and it totally made my morning AND gave my enough energy for a mega workout! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...